Our experienced dentist may recommend a dental crown if your tooth has been broken or badly damaged by decay. When you visit First Impression Dental Fresno, we will ensure that your crown is custom-designed to fit your smile and produce excellent results.
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom-made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal; porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. Our dentist will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
Your smile may benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
• To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
• To anchor and attach a dental bridge
• To cover and complete a dental implant
• To enhance the beauty of your smile
• To improve a misshapen tooth
• To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weak
• To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
For more information about dental crowns in Fresno, California, and to request a consultation with Dr. Brett Lent, call us today at 559-513-0707!